Sorry readers, Sir Eatsalot was so busy eating through the holiday season, then digesting and then trying to hot yoga away the pounds, that it left no time or energy to blog until today It makes total sense when you learn that I celebrated Thanksgiving, Eid, Durga Puja, Christmas, Hanukkah and New Years.
HBT is deeply sorry for the holiday hiatus and hopes everyone had as productive and delicious a season. Here’s a quick recap of some of my favorite eats this season. Burp.
1. An outstanding Christmas lunch at Beacon Hill Bistro. They ran out of the goose entree but replaced it with duck which was divine.
2. Excellent biriyani and kabab feasts at Darul Kabab near Porter Square.
2. Made Bengali khichuri for Durga Puja and grabbed dosas at Dosa Factory in Central Square in an effort to go vegetarian for a couple of days.
4. My amazing roommate hosted a lovely wine tasting at home where I discovered a taste for fine ice wines, which are really expensive, btw.
5. Had a great brunch with friends visiting from Canada at Sel de la Terre with johnny cakes at Long Wharf.
6. A group dinner at Rangzen proved tasty and economical.
7. Hardly had a bad dinner at North End but there’s something special about the pasta at Al Dente – highly addictive.
8. I have become a huge fan of the charcoal chicken and quinoa salad at Machu Picchu Chicken and Grill in Union Square. I could eat it every day.
9. All the home-cooked goodies from turkey and goat curry (by yours truly) to cheese and charcuterie… mmmm.
Gosh, I can hardly wait to do it again!